Vitamin C Benefits: Hair,Skin, and Nails
- Vitamin C boosts your skin’s collagen production to give you firmer, more plump skin and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
- The antioxidant properties of vitamin C help fight free radicals and damage caused by UV radiation.
- The result is anti-aging action for younger-looking skin.
- A deficiency in vitamin C can result in brittle nails as well as slow nail growth.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient and cannot be produced by your body.
- While citrus fruits, such as oranges, strawberries and kiwi are thought to be the best sources of vitamin C, bell peppers, green vegetables and tomatoes are very high in this nutrient as well.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect against the oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- In addition, your body needs vitamin C to create a protein known as collagen- an important part of hair structure.
- Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron, a mineral necessary for hair growth.